About Volunteer Kapiti
Volunteer Kapiti is the only Volunteer Centre on the Kapiti Coast that promotes and supports volunteering.
We are a specialist volunteer recruitment agency that connects volunteers (both individuals and groups) with a variety of opportunities throughout the Kapiti Coast, that provide them with the ability to gain work experience, new skills, new ideas, connections and the chance to make a difference in their community.
We connect non-profit Organisations, Clubs and Schools on the Kapiti Coast with volunteers to help them increase their diversity, capability and achieve their objectives.
We also provide training in topics relating to Volunteer Management to assist Community Organisations in recruiting and retaining quality volunteers as well as promote Best Practice Volunteer Management.
Our Guiding Principles
- The true meaning of work is “meaningful, purposeful activity” and no matter what happens to paid jobs, there will be no shortage of work. Our aim is to find innovative ways of matching people to the new work environment.
- An increasing proportion of people will become occupied in a portfolio of different activities, some paid, some part-time or shared, some domestic and some gifted through voluntary involvement in the community.
- Community volunteering is a legitimate work option for many people.
- Voluntary work can provide people with the confidence, competencies and motivation to become more positive and creative contributors to our society.
- Freely-engaged interactions between people to achieve shared goals can foster a spirit of goodwill and co-operation at community level, creating the essential social infrastructure needed for sound cultural and economic development.
- The voluntary sector can, with appropriate support, offer a wide range of opportunities for such spontaneous engagement by people at all levels of our society.
Volunteer Kapiti is an Incorporated Society registered in Wellington in September 2009.
Volunteer Kapiti is also recognised by the IRD as a charitable organisation.
Charities Commission Registration number: CC42805
Volunteer Kapiti has a Management Committee that meets regularly.