Thank you for your interest in the services that Volunteer Kapiti provides, to help with the valuable work your Organisation does in the community.
Volunteer Kapiti supports and promotes volunteering throughout the Kapiti Coast, creating community connections.
We help recruit the essential voluntary workforce needed to maintain and sustain the work of community organisations throughout our region. We also assist and train organisations in the management of volunteers, to promote best practice and enhance the volunteering experience for both the organisation and the volunteer.
Benefits of Registration include:
- A volunteer recruitment and referral service. Hassle-free and well-screened volunteers with skills
and knowledge to assist your Organisation. We assist with the recruitment of volunteers for all of
your volunteering needs from;
* Event volunteering – annual appeals, galas, sporting events etc
* Short –term volunteering – get assistance with projects
* Long-term volunteering – Office Administrator, Conservationist, Classroom Assistant, Coach, Committee/Board Member etc
- Increased visibility for your volunteering opportunities. Volunteer Kapiti is continuously promoting
the benefits of volunteering at Community Expos, with promotional material, through local
newspapers as well as online, this increases the visibility of all of our member organisations. All
volunteering opportunities are also advertised through the Volunteer Kapiti website as well as SEEK
Volunteer, increasing the diversity of volunteers that we refer to your Organisation.
- Advice, guidance and assistance from our trained staff in the recruitment of volunteers, the
preparation of role descriptions and any other enquiries related to volunteering and volunteer
- Development opportunities for volunteers and Coordinators/Managers of volunteers. Reduced
rate or no-cost attendance at our practical quarterly half-day workshops specifically designed to
cover various aspects of volunteer management, such as Volunteer Recruitment, Changes to the
Health and Safety Act etc. Also take advantage of the networking opportunities with other local
volunteer coordinators and managers at our workshops and Manager Forums.
Should you require a speaker to attend one of your meetings to explain the function of Volunteer Kapiti
and the benefits of registering, please contact us to arrange.
If you have any queries regarding the work we do or about your registration, please do not hesitate to
We look forward to being of assistance to you.