- How do I find a volunteer role?
- What happens when I visit your office?
- Do I have to take a volunteer role if I come and see you?
- How long do I need to volunteer for?
- Do I have to have experience to volunteer?
- I have been to see you in the office and chosen a great volunteer role from your database. What happens now?
- Once I have been to see you will you keep in contact with me or keep me on a volunteer list?
- Your opening hours don’t suit me, how can I talk to you outside these times?
- Are all the volunteer roles in the local area?
That burning question not answered here? Send us an enquiry and we will endeavour to answer as best we can.
How do I find a volunteer role?
There are several ways you can look for a volunteer role:
- On the top menu bar go to Volunteers then select Find a volunteer opportunity in the drop down menu and use the different searches to look for a role. If you would like to find out more about a role either email, phone or visit us in our office. We want to chat with every potential volunteer, either in person or over the phone to ensure that we are able to connect you with volunteering opportunities that are going to be of most interest to you.
- Call and make an appointment to come and chat with one of our lovely Volunteer Interviewers. They will take you through the different volunteer roles on our database and help you to find a role that meets your needs and is of most interest to you.
What happens when I visit your office?
One of our team members will have a chat with you about the type of role you are looking for and take you through our database of the volunteer roles. If there is a role that you are interested in we will contact the community organisation concerned and make arrangements for them to contact you and discuss the role in more detail. You may also take your selection away with you to consider.
Do I have to take a volunteer role if I come and see you?
No, not at all. We are quite happy to talk with you about possible volunteer opportunities but you do not need to take it any further if you don’t want to.
How long do I need to volunteer for?
All of our roles are different; some are short term, some long term and others are ‘one off’ or event roles. We may be able to tell you about the time commitment that a role requires or you can discuss this with the organisation when you talk with them.
Do I have to have experience to volunteer?
Not at all. Some roles will require specific skills but others can be an opportunity to gain new skills and experience or just a chance to try something you have never done before.
I have been to see you in the office and chosen a great volunteer role from your database. What happens now?
We will contact the community organisation that you have chosen a role with and pass on your contact details to their Manager or Volunteer Manager. They will contact you to discuss the role further and make any other arrangements.
We will then touch base with you again after two weeks to see how everything is going and ensure that the community organisation has made contact. We will continue to stay in touch with you until you are happy with the outcome for the volunteer role(s) you have chosen.
Once I have been to see you will you keep in contact with me or keep me on a volunteer list?
Only if you want us to. We do not keep you on any ‘volunteer list’ unless you have specifically chosen to be added to our event volunteer email group. You are however, always welcome to come back at any time to look for more roles if you are interested.
If we have referred you to a volunteer role(s), we will contact you two weeks after your initial visit to ensure that the community organisation you have chosen a role with has been in contact. We will keep in touch with you until you are happy with the outcome for the volunteer role(s) you have chosen.
Your opening hours don’t suit me, how can I talk to you outside these times?
Whilst we prefer to chat to every potential volunteer that we refer, we understand that our office hours are not always suitable for everyone that wants to volunteer. If this is the case with you, we are more than happy to set up a phone call instead to chat about your volunteering requirements.
Are all the volunteer roles in the local area?
Our service covers the Kapiti Coast district, from Paekakariki to Otaki and we have volunteer roles throughout the district.